Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Newsboy Cap










The star of this outfit really was this newsboy cap. I have had this thing since high school (and I am not going to say how long ago that was!!). I love hats but am sometimes not brave enough to wear them in public. I don't really know why but I feel that people always look at me weird when I wear hats, probably just my hat insecurity complex. However, when faced with a bad hair day recently I shoved my fears aside and put the hat on my head and went out to face the world. After that it really made me want one of those floppy hats, a la JLo, but I am terrified I would buy it and never actually wear it. We'll see if I ever get one. The rest of the outfit was all things I am very comfortable in. That being skinny jeans, a button up and a cardigan.
Lastly, I have to tell you all about this Banana Republic toggle coat that I found at the Goodwill. This thing is a find I tell you! It was only $20 and I absolutely love it to death. I will definitely have to feature it later so that all the leather toggles can be seen. I sort of have this thing for coats, and I have more than a few lets just say. I justify it by saying that if you live anywhere cold thats all people see for a few months so you should have more than one! I wonder if there is a "Coats&Boots Anonymous" somewhere that I should join? On second thought maybe it should be "Clothing Anonymous", I am just saying it probably depends on who you ask what my addiction is! :)

Wearing:
Black Wool/Leather Toggle Coat- Banana Republic via Goodwill
Newsboy Cap- Abercrombie & Fitch (way old)
Chambray Button Up- Men's small, H & M
Camel Cardigan- Thrifted
Belt- Forever 21
Dark Skinny Jeans- Forever 21
Necklace- Target
Boots- Michael Kors
Bag- Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
Nail color- "Hot Cocoa" by Rimmel

3 comments:

  1. That hat looks great on you! I've always loved hats but I don't think I can pull them off haha.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so classy. Love this look, little bit of British vibes!

    xo Ra

    If You have some couple minits , please visit my blog and drop a line, if You like it follow me! Thank You! I would so apperciate it! ♥

    http://www.ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um maybe you should drop out of med school and become a model :)

    ReplyDelete